Heber Valley Fly Fishing Festival
and Provo River Kids Fly Fishing Derby
- 7000 Old Highway 40
Heber, Utah 84032
- Julie Zicha
- Use Contact Form
- Event Start
- 9:00 AM on Aug 22, 2014
- Event End
- 6:00 PM on Aug 23, 2014
- Event Type
“Four Season’s Fly Fishers will host the 5th annual Heber Valley Fly Fishing Festival on August 22-23rd, 2014 at the River’s Edge Resort and Campground on 7000 North Old Highway 40 from 9 am to 6 pm both days. The two days of fly fishing festivities will be entirely free to the public courtesy of Four Seasons.
This year’s event has been expanded to a two-day festival in response to the overwhelming success of the 2013 event and has been moved to a new venue to better accommodate all of the event’s festivities. The new venue is also conveniently located between Park City and the heart of Heber and their proximity to Middle Provo River access points will be ideal for the many classes, clinics and gear demonstrations being offered. The folks at the River’s Edge Resort and Campground are offering a 20% off special on single night stays and/or an awesome two nights for the price of one lodging deal on cabins or yurts for festival goers from out of town or those who just want to enjoy a relaxing weekend away from home. The lodging package is available to anyone mentioning the Heber Valley Fly Fishing Festival when you book your stay.
Anglers of all skill levels and abilities are welcomed at the event to both learn new techniques and fine-tune their skills with a variety of free clinics and classes being taught by Four Seasons guides. Clinics will be held both on and off the water and are set to cover topics such as improving casting ability, learning new nymphing techniques, terminal tackle, bamboo fly rod best practices and more. There will also be a ladies-only “Intro to Fly Fishing” mini-clinic, fly tying and leader building demonstrations. Schedules for the events will be available at the festival for more information.
Come down and cast the entire line of fly rods to see which one is the best fit for your fishing style and skill level. Four Seasons expert guides , along with industry professionals from several of the hottest fly rod and reel lines in the country will be on-hand to personally answer your questions and offer up tips and pointers. Four Seasons’ in-house custom bamboo and graphite fly rod builder Jason Zicha of Fall River Flyrods will also be on-hand with his entire line of demo bamboo fly rods to help festival goers who would like to learn how to cast bamboo fly rods and answer any questions for those who dream of owning a custom-built rod.
Four Seasons has been working in collaboration with Fall River Flyrods, River’s Edge Resort, Utah Trout Unlimited, High Country Fly Fishers, the Stonefly Society to bring to the Heber Valley a fantastic festival this year with a continued emphasis on community-building and introducing the next generation to the sport we all love. The 5th annual Heber Valley Fly Fishing Festival is ALL FREE to the public and features live music from 4:00pm to 8:00 pm both days, along with free BBQ burgers, classes, clinics, gear demonstrations and competitions. Bring the kids down for our free youth fly fishing clinics taught by A.J and Jace Garcia of “Twin Territory” throughout the day on Friday; the boys from Twin Territory will be assisting with the 2nd annual Provo River Kids Fly Fishing derby as well. The derby is open to all area youth ages 15 and under and is scheduled to run on Saturday from 10am to 3 pm; it is a catch and release only event that may be fished anywhere on the Middle Provo as long as there is a parent or guardian present at all times and prizes will be awarded the same day for the winners. Last year’s derby attracted between 35-40 participants in its first year and gave away three new fly rod and reel combos to the top finishers courtesy of the Stonefly Society and Four Seasons Fly Fishers.
- Event Start
- 9:00 AM on Friday, August 22, 2014
- Event End
- 6:00 PM on Saturday, August 23, 2014
- 7000 North Old Highway 40
- Additional Information
· New major sponsors for the casting competitions for adults with Orvis and Contour cameras. Competition for distance and accuracy is being put together by an “ISE Best of the West” champion from Utah named Travis Ruiz. Travis won his title within the last 2-3 years and is a regular on the competition casting circuit. Winners for amateur men, ladies and kids will win a new Orvis fly rod! Lots of other super prizes for 2nd and 3rd places as well! “ Pro”division grand prize is a new Contour camera J
· Be fun to see which fly shop has the best fly fishing guides via our Pro’s division
· New major national fly fishing companies coming with Orvis, Titan Rod Vault, Contour, Flycraft USA, Oregon Packworks and more! Local custom rod builder Jason Zicha of Fall River Flyrods is a nationally acclaimed bamboo rod builder
· Competition’s begin at 10:00am on Saturday
· Top caliber presentations being given throughout both days~ Saturday includes an “Intro to fly fishing BSA merit badge” course as well