The Heber Valley is the PERFECT bucket-list destination. Between endless trails, three state parks, and 90 holes of golf, the opportunities for memorable adventures are as plentiful as the shiny stars in our certified dark skies.
Perhaps you’ve always wanted to soak in a geothermal crater or let the summer air blow through your hair while riding a tourism railroad with your family and friends. Or maybe you are the adventurous type that prefers faster speeds and higher summits. If so, you’ll love soaring through the air in one of our famous ziplines or mountain biking the WOW trail at Wasatch Mountain State Park.
And then there are the water activities: boating, rafting, fishing, windsurfing, and even paddleboarding--oh, and did we mention the inflatable playgrounds at Deer Creek and Jordanelle state parks?
For the most daring to those looking to just enjoy all that summer offers, Heber Valley is like a backyard playground and a perfect place to complete your own bucket list. But before you read further, we’d like to let you in on our favorite secret: unlike a traditional bucket list where you only do something once, the Heber Valley will make you want to come back again and again.
HEBER VALLEY BUCKET LIST ACTIVITIES AND ADVENTURES
- Longest over water zipline - If adventure is your name, the Screaming Falcon is your game. Soar to new heights on the world’s longest over water zipline at Zipline Utah.
- Scenic Train Ride - Kick your feet back and relax on Heber Valley’s Scenic Railroad. This iconic train runs year-round Monday - Saturday.
- Crater - Swim, Soak, Snorkel or Dive in the only warm water swimming hole in the continental US.
- Picnic at Whiskey Springs - Pack a picnic and head south on Highway 40. The turn-off is about 8 miles southeast of Heber on the west side of the road.
- Paddleboard at Deer Creek Reservoir - Make a splash or get some exercise while paddleboarding at Deer Creek State Park.
- Water Trampoline Park at Jordanelle Reservoir (Aqua X Zone) Try something new, explore the trampoline park ON JORDANELLE RESERVOIR.
- Mountain Biking the WOW trail Catch a shuttle and glide down the mountain or work up a sweat and climb to the top - either way the views are so worth it!
- Hiking at Wasatch Mountain State Park- There are several options here for all skill levels. On a hot July day we recommend the Visitors Center Trail - it’s heavily shaded!
- Golf 90 holes within 3 miles in the most scenic mountain valley - With the Epic 90 Pass you can golf all 5 courses for $185.
- Ride an ATV to Cascade Springs - rent an ATV or bring your own and experience the beauty of a natural spring while adventuring through the trails of Snake Creek Canyon. Access Cascade Springs on trail 1 - the Cummings Parkway Trail.
- Stroll the city on an electric bike Rent an E-bike and explore the city or the backroads of Midway.
- Take a horseback ride in the Wasatch Mountains Experience the beauty of this valley on a spirited animal - you won’t get more country than that!
- Raft or Tube the Provo River - Cool off with a trip down the Provo River - Insider Tip: we recommend using a guide for this experience.
- Go camping at a state park (Wasatch, Deer Creek, or Jordanelle) Pitch a tent, drop a trailer, or try out yurt camping at a state park in Heber Valley this season.
- Go Fishing, Heber Valley is home to three large reservoirs, the Provo River and several smaller lakes. Grab a guide or bring your gear and snag a toad in Heber Valley this season.
On the go? Download a print ready summer Bucket List to take with you we're ever you go! Or pick up Heber Valley Coupon Book at the visitor center 475 N Main.
4 ways Heber Valley is helping you cross off your bucket list