Heber City’s first bank was located in this building in 1904. The words “Bank Block” is inscribed in the stone on the north side of building. It is built of red sandstone cut from the Lake Creek Quarry in Heber City’s east foothills.
The Bank of Heber City was the main lending institution in Wasatch County until the bank failed during the Depression. A fire in the winter of 1937 nearly destroyed the building. A second fire in February 1972 also took its toll on the building. The Bank Block has undergone several renovations over recent years and housed a variety of businesses. During renovation in 2000, builders discovered several bank records within the walls.
The door to the original bank vault is on display inside the bank. The Heber Valley National Bank is responsible for returning the building to its former glory.