Skip to Primary Navigation Skip to Primary Content Skip to Footer Navigation

Heber Valley Film Commission

The Heber Valley Film Commission is a part of the Heber Valley Office of Tourism and Economic Development.  Our purpose it to assit in filming projects within Wasatch County.  We provide information on filming in all of the local municipalities and we maintain a database of services that are available to film crews including catering companies, outfitters, and potential extras.  We are here to make your filming experience in Heber Valley as pleasant as possible.  If you have any questions or if you encounter any problems, please feel free to contact us.  

Local Contacts

Regardless of where you are planning on filming in Wasatch County, the first step will be to contact the local government representative for whatever area you are planning on filming at.  These representatives will be able to provide more detailed information regarding specific procedures that your filming project will have to follow to ensure its success.  The following is the contact information for those responsible for filming permits for each local government. 


Representative’s Name

Phone Number

Wasatch County

Sandy Hansen


Heber City

Suzanne Hansen

435-654-4830 ext. 1

Midway City

Michael Henke

435-654-3227 ext. 5


Ramie Winterton



Film Permit Application

After contacting the appropriate governments for the areas that you are planning on filming in, the next step will be to complete the business application in each jusrisdiction. 

*Heber Valley Film Commission does not give final approval on film permitting, that is up to the different government entities to provide final approval.*

For the canvassing form of the application, please give businesses and residents near film locations at least 48 hours of notice before filming.  If possible, please go door to door to alert them.  On the film application, please simply attach a document that clearly explains how and when you will notify businesses and residents of the filming.

For the site map, please provide a detailed map of how you will be utilizing each filming location.  The map can simply come from the internet.  All we require is that you show on the map where you will be shooting the project, and where you will be placing all of your equipment.


Depending on the size of the production, some fees may be assessed.  Larger projects that require additional services such as electricity and access to public buildings may be subject to additional fees that will be covered by “other fees” in the film permit application.  If you have any questions about additional fees for a specific location, please contact the appropriate city or county film permit representative for additional information.    

Additional Contacts

Some projects will also want to film at our state parks or in our national forests.  These areas are subject to additional rules and regulations.  Filming in these areas will require that you contact the following people depending on the filming locations.


Representative’s Name

Phone Number

National Forest Service

Jeff Ward


Deer Creek State Park

Rick Redmon


Jordanelle State Park

Laurie Backus


Wasatch Mountain State Park

Bruce Strom



Heber's Film Industry

Filming Locations

The following map shows many of the potential filming locations within Wasatch County.  For more pictures of these locations please go to our photo gallery.

View Heber Valley Film Commission in a larger map

Photo Gallery for Filming

Check out our stunning photo library to see why Heber Valley is a picture-perfect location for your next film.