Don’t let scorching summer temperatures keep you cooped up. Get out and come to Heber Valley! The lakes are cold, the temps are mild, and the fun never ends. If you’re wanting to beat the heat, but not sure where to go or what to do, then read on. We have some great activities and experiences that are sure to cool you off.
Take a swim, paddle, boat, SUP, kayak, kite surf, eFoil, or float. Whatever your preference, you can do it all in Heber Valley.
- Rivers: Want to run the Provo River? Our local guides can outfit you and ensure you have a fun-filled time on the water.
- Lakes: Prefer to play on the reservoir, rent a boat or standup paddle board and explore the lakes. Or even try the new sport of eFoiling... that's a flying surfboard!
- Zipline to Water Park: Soar above it all and over the lake at Zip Line Utah, then spend an hour or two on the floating Aqua Park at Rainbow Bay. Plan ahead and book a covered picnic pavilion to spend the day at the lake.
- Springs & Waterfalls: Looking for more solidarity? Hike to the waterfalls and natural spring areas and see the splendor that Mother Nature has created. Consider a short hike to swim in a waterfall – a true reward at the end of the hike. With two close locations to Heber Valley, you can make time to do both.
- Fly Fishing: Speaking of water, have you experienced the fly fishing in Heber Valley? It’s something to really brag about! Get access to over 15 miles of prime blue-ribbon streams teeming with native Utah trout. Head out with a guide for better luck and learn all about the hidden gems and sweet spots to guarantee a catch.
TIME TO TEE IT UP "FORE" MORE!
Early morning tee times are a great way to get outside in the cooler morning temps and see the beautiful surrounding mountain range. With 90 holes at five public courses, Heber Valley can really elevate your game.
DID YOU SAY ICE CREAM?!
We’ve got lots of cold, sweet treats to offer anyone looking to chill out. From one end of the valley to the other, there’s no shortage of yummy frozen treats to try along the way.
- The Bakery at Zermatt is a family-friendly, fun stop with house made gelato and pastries, along with delicious coffee beverages.
- The Milk House at Homestead Resort offers from-scratch ice cream, house made fudge, and an assortment of great coffee beverages.
- Dairy Keen: "Home of the Train" is known far and wide for it’s dessert menu, specifically it’s large selection of ice cream shakes.
- Fill’er Up Coffee Station has a cold case full of yummy Bee’s Knees Ice Cream and sorbet flavors, as well as cheerful baristas buzzing around behind the counter, ready to greet you with a smile and serve up any number of sweet treats or coffee beverages.
- The famous Granny’s Drive In is open year-round and serves up over-the-top shakes, along with a great menu of burgers and sandwiches.
- A stop at Heber Valley Artisan Cheese is sure to delight all. Proudly selling Aggies Ice Cream, along with locally made cheeses and locally-produced milk, seeing the active farm is a fun stop for the whole family.
- Roonie’s Ice Cream Bars are locally made and hand dipped to perfection. Each bar is almost too pretty to eat… almost. Try each of the delectable flavors.
- Spin Café spoons up tasty servings of house made gelato with so many flavor options that you will have a hard time choosing.
ICE COLD DRINKS, ANYONE?
They’re all the rage and you’re likely to see a line at the local businesses that sell these tasty beverages – but don’t fret, the line always moves quickly.
- Heber Valley Brewing Company serves up cold suds for a hot day. Stop in and check out this local brewery.
- OG Cafe offers a large coffee, beverage, and food menu. The fun spin on boba drinks, Italian sodas, and smoothies are definitely worth the stop.
- Quench It is well-loved by the locals and for good reason. The soda shack sells an entire selection of flavored iced drinks. Think you have a new mix that isn’t on their menu? We doubt it! Go check this one out and see if your favorite drink mix is there.
- Twisted Sugar pairs fun flavored sodas and flavored water drinks with fresh-baked cookies. They also offer different "Twisters"flavor combos which are a refreshing ice cream smoothie beverages. Ask about the "cookie of the month" and order any cookie a-la-mode with a hearty scoop of vanilla bean ice cream on top!
JUST SIT BACK & RELAX
Take a ride on the slow-paced, family-friendly Heber Valley Historic Railroad. The train ride departs multiple times a day and runs along the scenic Deer Creek Reservoir tracks. Check out the themed train rides for an extra special experience. It’s a hit for multi-generational families looking for a fun activity for everyone in the group. Hint: in the middle of summer, splurge for the air-conditioned car for a bit of cool luxury while on the train. It’s worth it!
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?
Whether you’re looking for a relaxing spa and golf getaway, tastes that delight on outdoor patios with mountain vistas, or thrill-seeking adventures that keep the adrenaline pumping – we have it all in Heber Valley. The cooler temps in this stunning valley make this the place to go for an ideal summer destination.
Located less than an hour from Salt Lake City International Airport, a mere 15 minutes from Park City, and roughly 25 minutes from Sundance Resort and the Provo/Orem area, this beautiful mountain valley provides arguably the easiest access to the Wasatch Back mountain range and is an ideal setting for your cooler summer vacation. Explore all there is to do in Heber Valley using the new online Trip Planner for custom itinerary recommendations. And learn more about summer activities and events.